2010/08/24

Adolf's house on film, Part I





What a relief I never made it to start posting Adolf's house on film on my old blog. I'll show you most of the photos I shot with my old Pentax MX when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Background: Adolf is my grandfather's younger brother and until 1990 he lived in the house where he and his siblings grew up. He's still alive and lives in an apartment twenty minutes car ride from the house. The house is falling apart and no one is able to take care of it. I've been there a few times the last four years to take pictures of the house, you can see them here.

8 comments:

  1. such amazing photos ! :--)

    http://kiss-these-stars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just considering to paint my cupboard with that kind of pale mint green. looks good in Adolf´s kitchen too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've spent the last 30min on flicker- standing still with you in his home... so sad and beautiful and and and. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det är så fint, och sorgligt samtidigt, den där känslan att Adolf bara lämnat de diskade glasen på diskbänken och kvasten vid dörren och gått ut en stund... och sen har det gått tjugo år, fast tiden stått stilla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely photos of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so great! And I imagine how many people were happy there. Thanks for sharing this beautiful moment! :)
    Regards from Brazil, Leila.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shot of the dining table with the four chairs. It's giving a voice to my melancholy, one I have been feeling lately but haven't been able to express. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series is so wonderful. What to do with such a house?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.

Anonymous comments and any kind of advertising will not be published.

Thank you!