2010/08/19

Why my previous blog disappeared



Thank you so much for your concern about my previous blog.

Here is why it disappeared:
It has happened before, my webhost said 'You have too many visitors, you must upgrade to a more expensive account or we will remove your pages'. And so I did. It was quite expensive and yesterday when my Wordpress based blog got full, I got the same message, only difference was I had to upgrade to a very expensive account. The only solution for me to get back my blog posts was to upgrade and pay over six times more a year.

At first I got a bit upset, then I downloaded all my pictures and the database, so I have a backup that will do. After that I thought of my neighbour who is in a respirator with a totally broken body and thought about my totally broken blog and it felt ridiculous to be upset about it. A fresh new start is good from time to time and I like changes.

Being at blogger feels a bit like I'm renting an apartment instead of owning it, I now have a landlord who I feel I can trust instead of having to do everything myself. It feels ok to be here, although I will sometimes probably miss having total control over the looks of my blog, but hey - that's quite a small 'problem' :)

Glad so many of you found your way here and now you can be as many as you want to without anyone saying 'Too many!'
(I hope ;)).

25 comments:

  1. Intressant problem, att man kan få problem av för många besökare, har jag aldrig tänkt på, trodde wordpress var så bra, där ser man! Nu får du en nystart, livet är föränderligt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're back!
    Although I'll be missing those old posts. But you're so right.
    I have a tendance to look at the negative side so thanks for reminding me that there are worse things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just make sure you don't make your pictures too big, because this is limited on blogspot. i love how you see things so positively! enjoy your new space :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jokemijn: thanks for pointing that out, i'll check that out so nothing happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are right ! It's a little problem... and a good change. Hope that your neighbor will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having to many visitors is quite a nice problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went to your blog, beacuse of that link you shared of that gigantic Paris picture.

    feels strange, but will have no problem getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm just glad you're back,i have a wordpress blog and there's a lot of custom things you can do, so i'm quite happy with it,i bring all my photos from flickr, so i don't have to worry of how much space i'm using for pictures.but i guess it's the same for blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unlike most people, I actually think blogger is quite reliable. And it's free and fully customizable, although it is a lot of work to change it.
    And the big pictures you had on the other blog, you can still have them by using your flickr images here, instead of uploading them directly to blogger.
    The other thing is that you could apply your own subdomain to your blog, and in case you want to move to another host, all your readers would always find the blog and rss feed at the same web addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I don't think I'd cope as well as you. But hurrah for your space. It's looking terrific already. xo lj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger is a good thing! :)) Im happy that you're not closing your blog, I enjoy reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, how annoying for you. but fab to see you look at it so positively - i like your new space!

    here's to new doors opening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's ridiculous! They're going to miss you and your "too many" visitors. We'll always find our way to your amazing blog :) Happy new start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good move! it looks great already!
    sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, that's horrible. But at least you can keep blogging here! I'm glad you decided to keep blogging instead of shutting down altogether - that was my first fear when I saw the feed for your blog was broken!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun at your new place! :)

    I hope your list of links comes back...it was such a good starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nämen hej!! är du här och härjar?! dumma wordpress, vilka jobbiga typer! välkommen tillbaks till blogger :)

    ser fram emot allt fint som är på väg kompis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sandra, i'm pretty sure you can import your posts from wordpress to blogger if you wanted to, that is...
    but yes, a new beginning, fresh start always feels good :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You'll be happy with Blogger. I switched from Wordpress earlier this year, and I love how Blogger works. And it's definitely better than paying a ton of money for basically the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a fan of Adolph's house and of everything you see! Great job and whether it's here (Blogger) or there (wherever) it's plain fantastic that people can see what you see without having to travel! Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  21. You can stille redirect your blogger to your old blog domain. :) And play a bit with the html to make it feel "like home" :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice to see you found a new home :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.

Anonymous comments and any kind of advertising will not be published.

Thank you!