2011/08/30

Food memories from 2008, Part I


Johan, Camilla and I made lots of food for Camilla's husband's birthday on a cold day in January.


Breakfast at a "French" café in Gothenburg.


Shrimps and cheese.


My favourite pizza in my old neighbourhood.


The first time I visited a legendary restaurant called Sjömagasinet in Gothenburg, they used to have amazing lunches.


While studying this was the sushi I had at least a couple of times a week.


Bread from a French bakery in my old neighbourhood, their bread was so crazy delicious.


On Johan's 25th birthday I surprised him with champagne for breakfast. I also made him a ciabatta with scrambled eggs, asparagus, parmesan cheese and truffle oil.


Lunch at an Austrian restaurant in Gothenburg.


In April it was time for the first pizza outdoors. This is a kebab pizza, the most sold pizza in Sweden. Also in Sweden pizza is always served with a pizza salad which is cabbage with oil, sugar, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.


Pizza at home with my mum as a visitor. This used to be my favourite low budget wine. A low budget wine in Sweden costs almost €7 if you want it in a bottle...


Pancakes outdoors.


Summer came and I had dinner outdoors on the grass.


And in the garden where I used to live. I love love love that salsa made of mango, tomato, coriander (cilantro in American English), lime, onion and chili.


Sushi!


Barbeque in my parents' summer house.


Picnic with Johan, Camilla & Morran on that Summer's hottest evening.

15 comments:

  1. Yummmm!

    Soooo hungry now!!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really need some sushi now ;)... All the food looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove love love love mango-tomato-coriander-onion salsa as well. Top summer food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh you are making me terribly hungry!! Your photos are so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this series of photos with food, actually I think those are one of my favorite things to shot and yr food is definitely wonderful!
    I love eating in restaurants, but I must say I prefer cooking in my kitchen.
    Lovely photos<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2008 looks like it was a pretty wonderful year, if these pictures are anything to go by!
    Your salads and picnic spreads are inspiring me to get outdoors much more this spring and summer, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im at work and it is still a couple of hours till lunch... I shouldnt have looked through these photos... Now im day dreaming about all this delicious food;)))) great memories you have there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sandra, this series of posts is making me so happy! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every things seems to be SO tasty! A lot of good food.

    Pictures number 2 & 7 call my name, it makes me miss even more than I already do baguette & croissant, and all those succulent breads & various cheese we have in France. I don't find so good breads in Berlin..

    Bon appétit & good evening,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... your food memories are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. är det här någon slags terapi? den hjälper då mig till tusen ;) MUMS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Che bello! Such beautiful images of gorgeous food... one of the best and most attainable pleasures in life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need to do a book. Seriously. Start now. The food you make looks amazing.

    I mean it. Write a proposal, write some simple recipes, include some of these amazing photos and submit them to a publisher. People with far less talent, taste and ability are getting book deals right and left. You have the seeds of a marvelous book right here: where Gothenburg food meets Berlin food, where Swedish food meets German food. You don't have to be a chef to write a cookbook, just a talented home cook (which you are). DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. jag blir hungrig fast jag precis har ätit frukost. Mmmm.... foooood....

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.

Anonymous comments and any kind of advertising will not be published.

Thank you!