2013/01/07

An extra long time off


Johan and I decided to take a long time off this Xmas and I have truly enjoyed it and am now back in my studio feeling totally rested for the first time in years. A couple of days before New Year's Eve we enjoyed brunch with our sweet friend Mette and her family.


On New Year's Eve we were invited over to a friend's place for raclette and celebrations.


Johan and I made a sandwich cake for the occation.


We danced our asses off and later on Johan and I had to leave for another party in a bar where we danced until the morning. We have been dancing like crazy every second night; at bars, at home, at a club, at friend's places and even at a bank.


To take farewell of this amazing holiday we invited a couple of friends over for dinner on Saturday. Made mini sandwich cakes this time.


And oysters!


Black mojitos being prepared.


Pasta with lamb and mushroom-Lillet-sauce. Salad with goat cheese, pomegranate, avocado, cucumber etc.

Feels great to start working again after this amazing time. Hiding in my lonewolf work bubble feels like vacation after these weeks of parties :)

16 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful. I'm planning a couple of these longer breaks this year. It is lovely to get back to work too, isn't it :)
    Happy 2013 + happy working!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a break once in a while, glad you had a great time! All this food looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Sandra ! All the best for 2013 and hoping to see you in Paris !!! I am curious about the black mojito, is the taste the same ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! want to try that sandwich cake! I´m gonna try it right now!
    thank´s for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only say "wow"! The cakes (+mini) look amazing!
    But I have pizza, not a good time to complain!
    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. all that food makes my stomach roar!! Sandwich cake is something fantastic! Is it a swedish dish, or yours and Johan invention?? In both cases I think I will dare to make it one day.
    Happy New Year, Sandra!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. The food does look amazing! I have to try the salad, And the sandwich cakes! Do you have a recipe for those or is it freestyle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog & and I am also interessted in this delicious looking Sandwhich Cake recipe. Possible to get it? Would be very very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra, the sandwich cakes look amazing and surely very delicious, is it a typical swedish meal for the holiday season? I must look up the receipt on internet (unless you feel like sharing one day ;-)
    Glad you had a lovely time with friends and also time to relax. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sandwich cakes look the best!

    x missdottidee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in awe of the sandwich cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Sandra for your lovely posts of celebration. It seems (reading from your blog) that you celebrate life in cups of coffee and relationships among many other things. These warm my heart. I think 2013 might be the year of making sandwich cakes in my own sphere.

    Best wishes in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What exactly is all in the salad? It looks delicious. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.

Anonymous comments and any kind of advertising will not be published.

Thank you!