2013/02/19

Fika & Food in Sweden


Johan joined the first few days during our stay in my old hometown and he prepared amazing breakfasts in the mornings.


In my sister's kitchen, I love her place.


I promised myself to eat semla every day. I ended up having NINE.


Engagement dinner for my dad and his lovely lady.


Another Johan-breakfast (the tube of messmör travelled with him to Berlin, no one else in my family likes it).


No one believes me when I say that most restaurants serve pizza in Luleå, here is proof ;)


Another semla. I hadn't had one in three years!


The last evening I made some tacos Swedish style for my mum, sister and nieces.

Ready for some snowy pictures?

17 comments:

  1. It all looks great, and especially because you were visiting your family and having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had lots of fun :)
    you guys are the masters of art de la table!
    and cooking i presume!
    xx*

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I desperately need to eat semla. too bad I live in South America xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks wonderful. I love your sister's kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum to semla and anything brunost related..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so much great food! I am so hungry looking at these tasty yummy picutres!
    wish you a happy ending february!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  7. great time you had, I see :) food looks amazing, I just love those breakfasts with tons of different foodstuff. we have similar delicacy like semla, here in Serbia (similar by the look) and it tastes excellent. I guess i would like semla, too

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is this semla! Ooh it looks amazing and now I must have it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely pictures, as always! and can i have a semla now, please? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Corn, cucumber, red pepper, guacamole, but what's this meat at the bottom of the picture please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, engagement dinner! och sisters kitchen, snacks o teckningar <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos! German breakfast is AMAAZING - I was briefly at a homestay in Munich and my hosts were so gracious to serve a plethora of cheese and ham. IMHO it's possibly the only thing that comes close to the glory of the English breakfast.

    gz x
    wherewearwe're

    ReplyDelete
  13. That semla looks so tasty! I wish I could make it at home...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.

Anonymous comments and any kind of advertising will not be published.

Thank you!