My favourite lunch at the moment (including recipe)

My current lunch addiction (and you know I like simple lunches, so here is a simple recipe for you):

Romaine lettuce with feta cheese, tomato and an egg

You need:
1 romaine lettuce head
1 piece of garlic (chopped)
Fresh lemon juice
Butter (or olive oil if you prefer that)
Feta cheese (as much as you like)
1 tomato
1 egg
Salt & Pepper

Do like this:
Boil a pot of water (salted) and heat up a pan. Slice off the bottom of the romaine lettuce. Let the lettuce boil for 20-30 seconds, pick it up and let the water rinse off. Put some butter (or oil) in the hot pan and let the lettuce fry for 20-30 seconds (add salt & pepper, garlic and lemon juice). Place the lettuce on a plate and sprinkle feta cheese on it. Fry the egg and the tomato (sliced in 2 halfs). Add salt & pepper. Place it all on the plate and enjoy!


  1. I live in Berlin too and I always admire how well you eat. Thanks for sharing so many ideas! Anna

  2. I've never cooked lettuce before - this is blowing my mind!

  3. ohohooooooh it looks like yummy!!! *wasser-im-mund-zusammen-lauf* ;)

  4. Åh gott! Tackar och bugar för matinspirationen!

  5. Hello Sandra!

    My name is Martina and I have read your blog and I really liked your recipes! I work for a website called myTaste.com and I would love for you to join us!

    www.mytaste.com is a search engine that collects food blogs. We already have over 3000 blogs and if you join us you will take benefit from the traffic that we are sending to your blog.

    Add our widget and hopefully with your recipes your blog will be on the top of the food blogs list!

    If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at info@mytaste.com

    To join myTaste, just go to www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Best regards, Martina


Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.