2016/06/05

A basil discovery

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Last summer I got fed up with the basil I bought at the supermarket, it always died before I had eaten half of it. So I decided to simply just cut it and put in water - and discovered the basil lasts so much longer AND starts to grow roots. Did the same thing a few days ago and there are already roots. In a few days I will plant the basil in pots and hopefully soon have a kitchen filled with basil plants. Fingers crossed :)

8 comments:

  1. Have the same problem!
    Thanks for sharing, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am on top of my game I chop all the extra basil and freeze it in olive oil in ice cube trays. This is always appreciated by future me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never managed to grow basil.... maybe it lasts for one month and then it dies, it's really sensitive :| so just do parsley and mint

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same happened to me. Then I realized that even supermarket basil grows beautifully when I don't keep the pot on the window sill in the kitchen but when I put it outside so it gets a lot of sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gonna put some on my balcony then so they can sunbath every morning :)

      Delete
  5. what a surprise !!! i'm going to try !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallelujah! Thank you for telling me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.