2017/08/21

Thoughts about the near future

Untitled

Now my favourite time of the year starts. The air smells different, the light is different, the nights are colder and I don't sleep with my window open. The colours are starting to change and here I am with new ideas for the future. For the first time in a couple of years, I think about what's gonna happen next.

It's Monday and I'll have a couple of days to prepare my work space for a new start. Will take some days off later this week and go to Sweden to recharge, eat well and hang out with family (the one that came with Johan, yay!).

When I come back there are things I want to make better, like for example the quality of this blog. I want to update more, be able to put more time into it; share more recipes (how about a Sandwich Cake?), Berlin guides, DIY projects etc. Write more, many of you have asked about the depression I went through. To be able to do this, I have to decide whether to set up a Patreon page or do more collaborations with companies (aka advertising), because blogging takes up a lot of time and I really hope to expand it.

Also, looking forward to Wrist Worms season. Thinking of making Wrist Worms for smaller hands (for kids that is), anyone interested? Would be great to know before I start producing :)

9 comments:

  1. Yes, please set up a Patreon page, I would love to offer any support I can. Yours is one of my favourite blogs ever. I've been following since 2013 and your guide is one of the reasons I fell in love with Berlin in the first place (so much so that I live here now ;) )

    Really looking forward to upcoming content. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big YES to the sandwich cake, as my private connection to one Swedish Sandwich Cake Queen is unfortunatley broken. And thank you for pointing out patreon. I didn't know it. Sending good vibes from Brandenburg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you a happy time in Sweden and yes, Sandwich cake sounds good and look forward to your coming posts and updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes for a Patreon account for you! And yes for the small wrist worms if you'd make them in merino too.
    Those would make lovely presents ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another vote for sandwich cake and Patreon! :) Your blog is one of my happy places, thank you for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love end of summer/ beginning of autumn as well! The light and the smell of the air!
    I don't know you in person, i just stop here once in a while, but it makes me so so happy to hear you're going through a good vibe! As when a dear friend has being in a rough patch and finally is doing well and has found his place. Hope it doesn't sound uncomfortable from a stranger, wishing you all the best! and thank you for sharing your view to the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sandra, I can't wait for the Sandwichcake-Recipe! Since I first saw one of these on your Blog I'm dreaming to make one by myself and try how it tastes! Yeehaaw! Many greetings! Katja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sandra,

    I have been thinking about writing to you for many many weeks now. It is fascinating to see the world through your eyes, I even remember the time before you moved to Berlin and you have always been an inspiration to me.

    I wear a pair of your wrist worms every winter and a pair of deep yellow ones keep calling my name...!

    It would be lovely to support you and I say yes to all your ideas which you have put out in this post. Sandwich cake is my favourite, I have seen the land of depression and love to make stuff, too.

    It has been very interesting to hear you talk about Sweden, your visit there (in the newer posts) and how you perceive your country of origin now. I live in Germany (Mainz) and have very strong connections to Berlin (husband's home city) Also I know your home country and am originally British myself.

    I would be very interested to hear how you feel about the contrast city/country (as in landscape/nature) - I personally feel drawn to both and would love to know how others feel, how do you deal with moments when you might be longing for the Swedish part of you? If you do!! Do you long for nature when in Berlin?

    Anyway, many very warm regards and a big thank you for putting yourself out here.

    Joanne

    IG finestmorning / finelightness.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.